You can not select more than 25 topics Topics must start with a letter or number, can include dashes ('-') and can be up to 35 characters long.
All notable changes to this project will be documented in this file
Version 1.1.2 - 2022-12-29
- yaclog now only tries to use git when invoked with a command that needs it, meaning most sub commands can now be used on systems without git
Version 1.1.1 - 2022-08-15
yaclog release -C -cnot committing changes to cargo.toml
Version 1.1.0 - 2022-08-14
- Added a flag to update Rust Cargo.toml files when releasing a new version
Version 1.0.4 - 2022-04-08
- Fixed tests folder being installed as a package
Version 1.0.3 - 2021-05-12
showcommand not working with Click version 8
- Fixed release message incorrectly stating if a commit will be created or not
Version 1.0.2 - 2021-05-12
- Updated to support Click version 8
- Modified module documentation page titles to include a module role
- Fixed tag names with spaces in versions
Version 1.0.1 - 2021-05-10
- Fixed broken header in new changelogs
- Improved consistency in command documentation metavars
Version 1.0.0 - 2021-05-07
- API changes:
headerattribute renamed to
preambleto avoid confusion.
- improved version header parsing to be more robust and handle multi-word version names.
- improved version number incrementing in
- can now handle other text surrounding a pep440-compliant version number, which will not be modified
- can now handle pre-releases correctly. The version to increment is the most recent version in the log with a valid pep440 version number in it.
- Release increment and prerelease increments can be mixed, allowing e.g:
yaclog release -mrto create a release candidate with in incremented minor version number.
releasebase version is now an argument instead of an option, for consistency with other commands.
-boptions no longer add sub bullet points, instead adding each bullet as its own line.
- Terminal output has color to distinguish version names/headers, sections, and git information.
- Extra newlines are added between versions to improve readability of the raw markdown file.
Version 0.3.3 - 2021-04-27
- Unit tests in the
- Default links and dates in VersionEntry are now consistently
- Changelog links dict now contains version links. Modified version links will overwrite those in the table when writing to a file
- Changelog object no longer errors when creating without a path.
releasenow resets lesser version values when incrementing
releasenow works with logs that have only unreleased changes
Version 0.3.2 - 2021-04-24
- Readme file now has installation and usage instructions.
- yaclog command entry point added to setup.cfg.
release -cwill no longer create empty commits, and will use the current commit instead.
entrycommands now work using empty changelogs.
Version 0.3.1 - 2021-04-24
yaclogtool for manipulating changelogs from the command line
initcommand to make a new changelog
formatcommand to reformat the changelog
showcommand to show changes from the changelog
entrycommand for manipulating entries in the changelog
tagcommand for manipulating tags in the changelog
releasecommand for creating releases
Version 0.2.0 - 2021-04-19
- New yak log logo drawn by my sister
- Updated package metadata
- Rewrote parser to use a 2-step method that is more flexible.
- Parser can now handle code blocks.
- Parser can now handle setext-style headers and H2s not conforming to the schema.
Version 0.1.0 - 2021-04-16
yaclog.read()method to parse changelog files